Wednesday, 2 September 2015
Day 10 - Saint Gervais - Sun is shining today. Went for little walk around Saint Gervais and had coffee. Bought some food for lunch and went back to Steph's place (after finding a Dr for Stephen). Equipped Stephen with medication, had lunch and then Steph and I went to Chamonix for a walk around and some sampling of more delicious French pastries. Am pleased we are planning a short hike on Friday - will need it soon I fear. Chamonix is lovely - again very picturesque and the weather is now very mild and sunny. The architecture looks very Swiss which I guess is not surprising. We are going to sample a local restaurant for dinner tonight and tomorrow is market day in St Gervais so looking forward to sampling some local produce. The invalid is definitely starting to improve - a few quiet days and I think he will be much improved. Had lovely dinner at local restaurant- Syephen and I had a delicious duck dish with some potato gratin. The waiter/owner spoke perfect English- discovered this was because amongst other things had just come back from living in Sydney for 3 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment